Redknapp closed for business?

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has rubbished reports of a bid for Sergio Aguero and predicted a quiet deadline day at White Hart Lane.

English Premier League outfit Spurs were linked with an audacious 38.5-million-pound transfer bid for Atletico Madrid striker Aguero on Sunday.

The club also reportedly made advances to forwards Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal) and Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla) in an attempt to shore up their front third before the transfer window slams shut at 2300GMT on Monday.

Reporters peppered Redknapp with questions as he arrived for Tottenham s Monday training session, but the Spurs boss insisted he was not expecting any new faces at White Hart Lane.

No, I don t know anything about that one, he said when a…

Barca set their sights on Arsenal

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has told his players to forget anything beyond Tuesday s Champions League showdown with Arsenal.

Barca host the Gunners in the second leg of their last-16 tie at the Camp Nou on Tuesday, needing to turn around a 2-1 aggregate after the Spanish giants were felled at the Emirates.

The Catalan club, who were bundled out in the semi-finals by eventual champions Inter Milan in the 2009/10 tournament, are aware of how perilously close they sit to a shock elimination at the hands of the Gunners.

But Guardiola has insisted his players must forget the Champions League race and narrow their focus to merely beating the English Premier League club on the pitch.

When you play these types of game there is always pressure, it s present in …

Bayern Munich 2 Atletico Madrid 1 (2-2 agg): Griezmann clinches final berth with away goal

Antoine Griezmann scored a crucial away goal to send Atletico Madrid into the Champions League final despite a 2-1 semi-final second-leg defeat to Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

Atletico held a 1-0 aggregate advantage from the first leg at Vicente Calderon, but Xabi Alonso
00001181
cancelled it out when his free-kick found the back of the net following a deflection off Jose Maria Gimenez.

Bayern had been relentless in their pressing and were offered the chance to lead the tie for the first time when referee Cuneyt Cakir awarded them a penalty following Gimenez s foul on Javi Martinez.

However, Thomas Muller, back in the line-up after being benched for the meeting in Madrid, was denied from the spot by Atletico goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

Muller s …

Luis Enrique can´t guarantee Neymar for Rio Olympics

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique cannot guarantee Neymar will be representing Brazil at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro later this year.

Neymar, who was part of the squad that lost the final of the 2012 London Games to Mexico, has stated his intentions to be one of Brazil s three permitted over-age players at the Olympics on home soil in August.

However, with a special centennial edition of the Copa America set to take place in the United States in June, Luis Enrique does not want one of his stars to be burned out for the 2016-17 season.

The Olympic Games in your own country is something special for any sportsperson, no matter what the sport, said Luis Enrique, who won a gold medal with Spain at the 1992 Barcelona Games.

[Neymar] already has a prio…

Everton hold firm on Lozano

“Of course Lozano and Bergwijn are interesting players, but €30m for Hirving and €20m for Steven, we will not pay that. We have indeed paid a lot of money for Richarlison, but he is 21 years old and has already shown it in the Premier League.”

Those are the words of Everton club director Marcel Brands, who has spoken about the possibility of bringing Hirving Lozano to Goodison Park. Lozano made the switch over to Dutch football with PSV Eindhoven from Pachuca back in 2017, but it seems as if a possible move over to English football still has a few bumps in the road.

Everton fans have expressed their desire to see the club add a few more reinforcements during the January transfer window, but it doesn’t appear as if there’s anything concrete just yet. With the…

Leeds complete signing of Poland midfielder Mateusz Klich

Leeds United have signed Poland international Mateusz Klich from Twente and handed the midfielder a three-year contract.

Klich is the first signing for new head coach Thomas Christiansen, who took charge at Elland Road last week.

Reports suggest Leeds have paid around £1.5million to bring in the 27-year-old from the Eredivisie side.

I am very happy to have signed for such a huge club and I m looking forward to playing in the famous white shirt, Klich told Leeds website after the move was completed on Friday. 

I am excited to come to England and test myself in the Championship. I can t wait to get going.

The team came close to promotion last season so hopefully we can go one better. I m looking forward to meeting my new team-mates next week a…

26th September: Saturday’s European Accumulator – 8/1

With a stacked afternoon of footballing action from across the continent on Saturday, we have searched far and wide to find you all a handful of helpful tips that are worth keeping an eye out for this weekend.

Saturday 26th September  

BST 14:00 Torino vs Atalanta 

Given extra time off to recover after their Champions League exploits over the summer, Atalanta will be raring to go when they make a much-awaited Serie A return this weekend. Shocking almost everyone across Europe after a record-breaking campaign during the extended 2019/2020 campaign, La Dea managed to land themselves another top-four finish and gained a string of admirers from across Europe. Enjoying their summer pre-season preparations and collecting four wins on the bounce, the Bergamo outfi…

Pepe returns to Porto after Besiktas exit

Portugal defender Pepe has returned to Porto on a deal until 2021 following his release by Besiktas, the Primeira Liga club have confirmed.

Pepe played for Porto between 2004 and 2007 before being snapped up by Real Madrid, whom he represented for a decade.

The most successful days of his career were at the Santiago Bernabeu, winning both the Champions League and LaLiga three times.

He joined Besiktas in 2017 and was well-regarded by supporters, but he opted to agree to a mutual termination of his contract towards the end of last year in a bid to help the club s worsening financial woes.

Reports swiftly suggested a return to Porto was on the cards, and the deal was finally announced on Tuesday.

He re-joins the club seven points clear at the top of…

Bitesize Prediction: Gold Coast Knights vs Redlands – 04/07/23

Competition: NPL Queensland

Market: Gold Coast Knights to win both halves

Odds: 6/5 @

Two sides who find themselves battling it out at opposite ends of the NPL Queensland table, the Gold Coast Knights will welcome Redlands to the Croatian Sports Centre on Tuesday morning.

Starting with the hosts, only continuing on a remarkable flurry over the past few months, Gold Coast find themselves tipped as a standout contender to be crowned NPL Queensland champions in 2023. Along with mustering 13 points from just their last five appearances, the Knights are also remarkably unbeaten in each of their previous 13 straight matchups a run that stems all the way back to February 24th. With their extended purple patch highlighted by a stunning 5-1 romp against Eastern …

Rumour Has It: PSG join pursuit for Fiorentina´s Vlahovic, Emery to reject Newcastle

Fiorentina forward Dusan Vlahovic is winning plenty of admirers.

The 21-year-old Serbian has netted 10 times in 12 appearances at club level this season.

Vlahovic is currently under contract until June 23, although La Viola want him to sign an extension.

TOP STORY – PSG TO ENTER VLAHOVIC RACE

Paris Saint-Germain will enter the race to sign Fiorentina s Dusan Vlahovic, claims Le10Sports.

The Parisians are lining up the Serbian striker as a potential successor to Kylian Mbappe should he exit the club when his contract expires at the end of this season, with Real Madrid circling.

Hot property Vlahovic is being pursued by Juventus, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Mercato PSG : La succession de Mbappé compromise par Conte ?